Cité, Jean Prouvé, 1930
$5,555.00 USD $5,555.00 USD
For Vitra or Artek custom order inquiries, contact email@example.com.
The Cité armchair is an early masterpiece by the French designer and engineer Jean Prouvé. Originally designed to furnish the student residence halls at the Cité Universitaire in Nancy, Prouvé also used this comfortable, expansive armchair with powder-coated steel runners and leather belt armrests in the living room of his own home.
Designed for a competition to furnish the student residence halls at the Cité Universitaire in Nancy, the Cité armchair is one of Jean Prouvé's early masterpieces. Prouvé himself used this dynamic looking armchair – with distinctive runners made of powder-coated sheet steel and broad leather belts for armrests – in the living room of his own home. Generous dimensions and inviting upholstery contribute to the great comfort of Cité.
- Cover: seat and backrest with a continuous cover in fabric or leather.
- Upholstery: neck cushion in polyurethane foam, height-adjustable.
- Seat height: 335 mm (210 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Base: bent sheet steel, powder-coated finish (smooth).
- Glides: fitted with plastic glides for carpet; felt glides for hard floors optionally available.